I can’t say that I have been very active on this blog the past couple of years, nevertheless when I decided to hack a little on theme this morning I found an infestation of hidden links to all sorts of crap. Apparently this sort of thing is not unheard of on wordpress blog.
Anyways, I’ve been planning to slowly out phase the “jopsen” nickname, and having recently bought “jonasfj.dk” I decided to do an export of my wordpress blog. Setup a new one on a new domain. Dreamhost one click install made this rather easy, and I now have automatic wordpress updates.
My old domain “jopsen.dk” will now redirect to “jonasfj.dk”, and I’ve deleted the infected wordpress install. I still have a wiki running on the old domain, but it’s no longer active, so if possible I plan to render it static, at which point I’ll move it from the domain.
This does not mean that I’ll get all rid of the “jopsen” nickname, I’ve got many accounts under that name. But in the future I’ll try to move some of the frequently used accounts to “jonasfj”. I think it’s a little more sensible and gives sort of a hit about who I might be 🙂
Update: Changed my github username from jopsen to jonasfj. Well I think that’s all the renaming I can handle for now.
With respect to the “pharma hack” I think it’s sad that we live in a world where some people have so little respect for my time. After all the ad-space on my blog has no value compared to the costs of cleaning up after this. Worst of all is that these links where hidden, I only discovered them by accident, and I have no idea how long time they’ve there.
Anyways, I’ve disabled ftp, used a different domain, different shell user, clean wordpress install with a Google Authenticator plugin. At least that’s a start.