This year I’m spending my summer vacation interning at the Mozilla office in Toronto. The past month I’ve been working on DXR, a source code indexing and cross referencing application. So far I’ve worked to deploy DXR on Mozilla infrastructure and is happy to report that dxr.mozilla.org is no longer redirecting to dxr.lanedo.com. The releng team have a build bot indexing mozilla-central, so that we always have a fresh index on dxr.mozilla.org. So in blind faith that this will never crash horribly, I’ll tell to:
Whilst I’ve been handling most of the deployment issues, the releng team have been doing the heavy lifting when comes to automatic build, thanks! This means, that I’ve been working on cleaning up, refactoring, redesigning and rewriting parts of DXR. This sounds like a lot of behind the scenes work that nobody will ever see, however, this means that DXR now has a decent template system. And well, who would I be if I didn’t write a template for it.
You can find the tip of DXR that I’m working on at dxr.allizom.org, please check out it and let me know if there’s something you don’t like and would like to appear. I realize that the site currently have a few crashes, and don’t worry I won’t rush this into production before I’ve ratted these out. Now, as evident from this blog, I’m by no means a talented designer, so if you feel that grey should be red or whatever, please leave a color code in the comments and I’ll try it out.
I’m currently looking into replacing the full text search and my somewhat buggy text tokenizer with a trigram index that’ll facilitate proper substring matching and if we lucky regular expression matching. But I guess we will have to wait and see how that turns out. In the mean time leave a comment if you have questions, requests, suggestions and/or outcries.